Plan, design, and install summerhouses, studios, offices, storage sheds
Oilcanfinish professionally plan, design and install Summerhouses, Garden Offices, and Studios to your specific needs and specifications. These can provide significant garden storage or can be fully sealed, insulated, and heated for year-round additional Living Space.
These can include:
- plan and design your dream garden building
- install double glazed windows and double glazed doors to your specification and colours
- full insulation for walls, floors, and ceilings
- damp proof membranes
- laminate or natural wood flooring
- exterior decking and patio steps
- numerous choices of exterior cladding including Western Red Cedar, Pressure Treated cladding, pressure treated shiplap, or low-maintenance Composite Cladding
- UPVC Fascia, Soffits and Trim for a prefessional maintenance free finish
- choice of roofing finish from Roofing Felt, Felt Roofing Tiles, or Slate Tiles all including waterproof membranes
To prepare the area we can pour concrete pads for sheds if needed, or suspend the frame above ground, to ensure your shed floor is protected from rot, wood boring insects, and moisture damage.
All Garden Sheds and Summerhouses can be Sealed, Stained, or Painted to enhance the sheds longevity and protect your investment.
Most over the counter, pre-packaged sheds have very thin support structures preventing the owner from enhancing the shed with internal finished plasterboard walls, double-glazed windows, fully sealed roofs, and insulation.
Our bespoke sheds are built to last using strong, sturdy pressure treated framing which is wide enough to add both insulation, wiring, lighting, and finished interior surfaces as well as flooring as well as being strong enough to support wall mounted objects such as bike storage or televisions.
Summerhouse Planning Permission & Permitted Development
Before designing and installing your summerhouse, bear in mind your Garden Summerhouse is considered Permitted Development subject to the following limitations:
- Outbuildings and garages to be single storey with maximum eaves height of 2.5 metres and maximum overall height of four metres with a dual pitched roof or three metres for any other roof.
- Maximum height of 2.5 metres in the case of a building, enclosure or container within two metres of a boundary of the curtilage of the dwellinghouse.
- No more than half the area of land around the “original house”* would be covered by additions or other buildings.
- No part of the shed / greenhouse / building is in front of the principal or side elevation of the original house that faces onto a road.
For more detailed information on Planning Permission & Permitted Development for Outbuildings visit the Planning Portal here.
Summerhouse Building Regulations
When designing and installing your summerhouse, please note the total size in Square Meters of your Summerhouse is addressed by Building Regulations.
- If you want to put up small detached buildings such as a garden shed or summerhouse in your garden, building regulations will not normally apply if the floor area of the building is less than 15 square metres and contains NO sleeping accommodation.
- If the floor area of the building is between 15 square metres and 30 square metres, you will not normally be required to apply for building regulations approval providing that the building contains NO sleeping accommodation and is either at least one metre from any boundary or it is constructed substantially of non-combustible materials.
Please note although they do not change frequently, Permitted Development and Building Regulations can change on occasion. There may be additional restrictions if your house is a Listed Building or you live in a National Park, Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, or World Heritage Site.
For more detailed information on Building Regulations for Outbuildings visit the Planning Portal here.
Schedule a meeting for a site visit where our shed contractor will visit, discuss your plans with you, take measurements and provide you with your free quote. Your free quotation is valid for 28 days while you decide how you want to proceed.
Contact Oilcanfinish, your local garden Summerhouse installers today We are based between Wimbledon and Kingston Upon Thames in New Malden